Chef —Kitchener, ON
October 23, 2018
Type : Temporary - Full Time
Company Name : The Village of Winston Park
Location : Kitchener, ON
Website : www.schlegelvillages.com
Contact : Chris Poos
Phone : 519-496-0483
Email : email@example.com
We are currently seeking a Temporary Full Time Chef to join our team at the Village of Winston Park located in Kitchener, Ontario. You will join our day team (10:00-18:00) and work approximately 75 hours bi-weekly.
The Chef is responsible for the preparation of meals under the guidance of the Director of Hospitality. Diets must be in accordance with the Physician’s orders and within the nutritional criteria of the Retirement Homes Act and the policies and standards of Schlegel Villages.
The positions are ‘people intensive’, with a substantial component of the job involving fostering exemplary resident/family relations. The Chef will provide a high level of customer service with a concentration on flexible living and quality of life.
At Schlegel Villages, we aspire to provide all members of our communities, including team members, with a life enriching experience. Family owned and operated, we take our mission seriously: “to provide holistic health care in a home environment, located within an internal neighbourhood design that promotes a caring community with emphasis on optimal health and life purpose for each resident.” Our passionate team members have the right skills, knowledge and share the organizational values. We provide ongoing training and education programs and hire the best people, provide the best training and education, and support them with the best leadership.
- Agrees with the objectives and philosophy of the Village and displays a caring, respectful attitude toward the residents, families, and team members
- Supports and embraces a resident-centered social culture
- Has experience preparing large quantities of food, preferably in a health care or retirement setting
- Demonstrates a creative flair for menu planning, meal preparation, and presentation
- Has knowledge of special diets and therapeutic diets, including texture modifications
- Possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Communicates effectively with others
- Works well independently and as a co-operative team member
- Able to work quickly, accurately, and safely
- Graduate of Chef Training or Culinary Management Diploma from an accredited College / Program that meets the standard established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, & Universities
- Holds a Red Seal designation
- Holds a current Food Safety Awareness Certificate
- Has knowledge of the Ontario Food Premises Regulations and Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating
- Able to cope with the physical, mental, and emotional demands of the job
Schlegel Villages is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please speak with the hiring leader.
If you are interested and meet the above qualifications, please apply online at www.schlegelvillages.com/careers and complete a candidate profile and upload a current resume.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Available Position||Location||Type||Date Posted|
|Chef —Hanover, ON||Hanover, ON||Full Time||October 23, 2018|
|Cook II —Scarborough, ON||Scarborough, ON||Casual Part Time||October 23, 2018|
|Chef —Kitchener, ON||Kitchener, ON||Temporary - Full Time||October 23, 2018|
|Match Bar Manager — Hanover, ON||Hanover, ON||Full Time||October 16, 2018|
|Match Chef —Hanover, ON||Hanover, ON||Full Time||October 16, 2018|
|Match Service Manager —Hanover, ON||Hanover, ON||Full Time||October 16, 2018|
|Match Manager —Hanover, ON||Hanover, ON||Full Time||October 16, 2018|
|Line/Prep Cook OR Sous Chef —Cayuga, ON||Cayuga, ON||Full Time||October 9, 2018|
|Cook —Waterdown, ON||Waterdown, ON||Part Time||October 3, 2018|
|Pastry Chef —Kitchener, ON||Kitchener, ON||Full Time||October 1, 2018|
|Commissary Cook —Kitchener, ON||Kitchener, ON||Full Time||October 1, 2018|
|Line Cook —Cambridge, ON||Cambridge, ON||Full Time||September 29, 2018|
|Deli Associate —Burlington, ON||Burlington, ON||Full Time||September 29, 2018|
|Bakery Associate —Burlington, ON||Burlington, ON||Full Time||September 27, 2018|
|Line Cook / Prep Cook —Burlington, ON||Burlington, ON||Full Time||September 27, 2018|
|FT Cook —Ottawa, ON||Ottawa, ON||Full Time||September 25, 2018|
|Cook —Markham, ON||Markham, ON||Full Time||September 20, 2018|
|Chef De Cuisine —Toronto, ON||Toronto, ON||Full Time||September 10, 2018|
|Senior Sous Chef —Toronto, ON||Toronto, ON||Full Time||September 10, 2018|
|Sous Chef —Toronto, ON||Toronto, ON||Full Time||September 10, 2018|
|Corporate Head Chef —Toronto, ON||Toronto, ON||Full Time||August 7, 2018|
|Full time Line Cook —Brampton, ON||Brampton, ON||August 7, 2018|