Liaison College will provide you with the training you need to launch your career in as little as three months. Start by learning more about our specialized Diploma Programs.Explore our programs
Can I Get Advanced Standing For My Experience?
Industry professionals may qualify for practical exemption. If you are exempt from the practical portion of in-school training, you are still required to complete the 100 hour theory component. Your training will enable you to challenge the Red Seal provincial exam (if you have enough working hours to qualify).
Is There An Entry Test?
Students who do not have Grade 12 or equivalent, may be asked to complete an entrance exam for math and comprehension.
What Qualifications Are Required To Be Accepted Into A Program?
Students must apply and supply school transcripts. Local students must attend a personal interview. Foreign students must send in a completed application form and supplementary documents.
Flexible Class Schedules
Liaison College is sensitive to your needs. Our courses are conveniently scheduled around your timetable. Life doesn’t have to be placed on hold because you’ve decided to train for a career. Our classes are held in the morning or afternoon, Monday to Friday. Evening and week end classes may also be available.
Master Chef Instructors
The caring, professional instructors of Liaison College are all Master Chefs with many years of experience in the Culinary Arts. Their practical experience and skill provide you with the best instruction available anywhere.
Their commitment to excellence and dedicated delivery of our culinary arts programs gives you the advantage and confidence you need to launch your career as a Professional Chef.
Where Can I Find More Information?
There are many resources available to help you decide about your career training. We believe that after you visit the following websites, you’ll be satisfied that Liaison College with its outstanding reputation and great contacts, is the right choice for you.
- The Ontario Ministry of Education has extensive information about Ontario colleges and working in the trades
- The Ontario Association of Career Colleges has information on Career Colleges, quizzes and other resources
- The Association of Private Career Colleges
- Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program explains what is required to gain Red Seal approval as a cook or baker
- The Ontario Government (MTCU) provides analyses of the job prospects for Chefs, Cooks, Bakers
- The Ontario Essential Skills Profile describes essential skills and work habits that are important for work, learning and life. For example this site helps you plan your cook training.