At Liaison College, We Take Your Privacy Seriously.
Please take a moment to review the policy below and be assured that we, and all of our campuses, work hard to protect you.
In this policy, “we”, “our” and “us” mean, as applicable, Liaison College or any of its campuses, and “you” and “your” mean an individual who has made an application to us, or has provided a guarantee, for any financing or purchase of product or service offered by us.
When you enter into a purchase arrangement, or provide a guarantee in respect of, any of our products or services and while you are our customer you agree that:
We may collect and use personal information from you and about you for the following purposes:
- To understand your needs.
- To analyze the suitability of our products and services for you.
- To determine your eligibility for our products and services.
- To set up, manage and offer products and services that meet your needs.
- To provide you with ongoing service.
- To meet our legal and regulatory requirements.
- To investigate and administer funding sources available to you.
We may collect, use and disclose your Social Insurance Number for purposes relating to administering funding sources available to you on your behalf (i.e. Human Resources Development Canada). We may share information (except health information) about you with other companies within the Liaison College group of companies so that they may tell you about their products and services.
There are some examples where Liaison College will not seek your consent for disclosure to outside third parties. These examples are:
- Where there is a legal obligation to disclose under a court or government order, as for instance to detect or prevent illegal activity.
- Where personal information is given to their agents and service providers for services such as data processing of electronic fund transfers or loan collection.
- Where the disclosure is of regulated public information.
We may keep information about you in our records for as long is needed for the purposes described above, or as required by relevant regulatory requirements, even if you cease to be a customer. All information which you give us at any time will be true and complete and you will not withhold any material information.
We may use references you provide, to verify information you give us and you authorize any person whom we contact in this regard to provide such information to us. If any personal information changes or becomes inaccurate or out of date, you will tell us so we can revise our records.
You have the right to access, verify and update any personal information we have in your file.
Refusing Or Withdrawing Consent:
Subject to legal and contractual requirements, you can refuse to consent to our collection, use or disclosure of information about you, or you may withdraw your consent to our further collection, use or disclosure of information at any time in the future by giving us reasonable notice, provided the consent does not relate to certain information required for credit or financing arrangements which you apply for or accept. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you or continue to provide you with some products, services or information which may be of value to you.
You can tell us any time to stop using information about you to market our products and services or to stop sharing information within the Liaison College group of companies.
If you wish to refuse consent or to withdraw consent as outlined within this policy, you may do so at any time by contacting the office of the campus with whom you deal or by contacting the head office.
In addition, if you apply for, accept, or guarantee, any form of credit facility with us:
When you apply for, or accept, or guarantee, a loan or credit facility and during the course of the loan or credit facility, we may use, give to, obtain, verify, share and exchange credit and other information (except health information) about you with others including credit bureaus, collection agencies, and other persons with whom you may have financial dealings, as well as any other person as may be permitted or required by law. You authorize any person whom we may contact in this regards to provide such information to us.
During the term of the loan or credit facility, you may not withdraw consent to our ongoing collection, use or disclosure of your personal information in connection with the loan or other credit arrangement you have with us or have guaranteed. We can continue to disclose such to credit bureaus even after your loan or credit facility has been retired, and you may not withdraw your consent to our doing so. We do this to help maintain the accuracy, completeness and integrity of the credit reporting system.
We may ask for your Social Insurance Number to use in verifying and reporting credit information to credit bureaus and credit collection agencies. If you wish to refuse consent of this right, then you must do so upon contracting with us. In doing so, you may not qualify for financial assistance through Liaison College.
Ultimately the Senior Management of each Liaison College location is responsible for protecting customers’ personal information in its control. They will delegate day-to-day responsibility to others within the company.
Every Liaison College employee, as a condition of employment, takes responsibility for protecting customer privacy, confidentiality and security. This obligation remains in effect even after an employee leaves Liaison College.
Liaison College also has extensive controls to maintain the security of their operations and information systems. Physical access to those areas where information is gathered, processed or stored is restricted to authorized employees. Appropriate controls are in place over computer systems and data processing procedures and these controls are reviewed on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with our security and privacy policies.
From time to time, Liaison College may destroy or erase any personal information when it is no longer needed. When information is destroyed or erased, Liaison College will take care that there is no unauthorized access.
However, should location or head office personnel be unable to resolve your concerns you can follow complaint resolution procedures outlined in the Privacy Complaint Resolution Procedure Guide, below
Privacy Complaint Resolution Procedure Guide
The customer should then contact the local branch of the Liaison College office they dealt with and bring their complaint to the attention of the campus director. A complete list of campuses and their directors can be found at on this site.
If the problem is not resolved by the Campus director then please contact Liaison College Head Office:
Be sure to include:
- Your name, address, and email address and where you prefer to be reached. If you prefer, provide, a fax number with area code.
- The nature of your complaint.
- Details relevant to the matter including the names of relevant people with whom you have discussed the issue.
- Any correspondence received in this regard will be acknowledged within ten business days.
A resolution will be offered within twenty business days.
If your concern is not resolved to your complete satisfaction after the twenty business days, please feel free to contact:
Federal Privacy Commissioner
112 Kent Street Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1H3
Toll Free: 1-800-282-1376
Student Rights And Responsibility
Sexual Violence Policy
Terms And Conditions
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THIS SITE.
By accessing, browsing and using this site, you are signifying your consent to be bound by these Legal Terms and Conditions (the ” Terms and Conditions “).
LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. By accessing, browsing and using this site, you are signifying your consent to be bound by these Legal Terms and Conditions (the ” Terms and Conditions “).
1. RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF MATERIALS This Internet website (the “Site“) is a service of Liaison College Incorporated. All content included on this Site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio and video clips, and software is protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. Unless otherwise stated, no material from this site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, framed, commercially exploited or distributed in any way or by any means whatsoever. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose (including use of any such material on any other website or networked computer environment) is a violation of copyright and other proprietary rights. You agree to abide by all copyright notices, information and restrictions contained in any content on the Site and any content accessed through the Site. While Liaison College maintains copyright protection in all publications it places on this site, Liaison College consents to normal downloading, copying and distribution of the information for non-commercial purposes within the user’s organization or for non-commercial personal purposes. In consideration of this, users agree that copies of the information will retain all copyright and other proprietary notices.
2. DISCLAIMER UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED, THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RCC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREON OR ACCESSIBLE THEREFROM AND ANY WEBSITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED. RCC DOES NOT WARRANT THE FUNCTIONS, INFORMATION OR LINKS CONTAINED ON THE SITE OR THAT ITS CONTENTS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE SITE, OR ITS CONTENTS, ARE FIT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THAT THE OPERATIONS OF THE RCC NETWORK OR ITS CONTENTS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. RCC DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS AND/OR SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SERVICES FOR THE TRANSFER OF INFORMATION AND DATA) ON THE SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, SECURITY OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT RCC) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The Site is controlled and operated at offices in Concord, Ontario, Canada. RCC makes no representation that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you choose to access this Site from other locations, you do so on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
3. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall RCC or its directors, officers, employees or other representatives be liable for any damages that arise out of or in connection with the use of this Site, even if RCC or a RCC authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In no event shall RCC’s total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing or using this Site.
4. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES The links on the Site will enable you to leave the Site and connect directly to linked sites. Such linked sites are entirely independent of the Site, and shall not be construed as any reflection on, any affiliation with, approval of or endorsement by RCC of any such site or entity, or its respective information, publications, products or services. RCC shall not be responsible for the contents of any site linked to this site or for any link contained in a linked site.
5. AMENDMENTS RCC reserves the right to make changes to the Site and to modify, alter or otherwise update these Terms and Conditions at any time with or without notice. You should review this link on a regular basis for any such changes. Your continued use of the Site shall constitute your acceptance of any revisions to the Terms and Conditions.